Health Behaviour and Theory
1. Health Behaviour Models
The application of theoretical models (e.g., social cognition models, dual process models) to the to the prediction of health behaviour and and health behaviour change; research on health behaviours
2. Health Behaviour Change Interventions
Theory-based interventions aimed at health behaviour change
3. Self-Regulation in Health and Illness
Contributions related to goal or self-regulation theory, including self-determination theory, the common sense model and illness perceptions
4. Individual Differences and Health
Individual difference variables in relation to health and illness
Health Psychology and Illness/Biological Psychology
5. Coping with Chronic Disease
Coping with chronic disease and its consequences (except interventions, see “Interventions in Chronic Disease” track
6. Interventions in Chronic Disease
Interventions delivered to people diagnosed with chronic disease or high risk groups (e.g., hypertension, obesity), focused on quality of life and/or health behavior.
7. Stress, Physiology & Health
The influence of psychosocial demands and resources on biological systems (including psychoneuroimmunology, endocrinology, cardio- vascular psychophysiology and neurophysiology) , emotional distress, coping and health outcomes (except coping with chronic illness, see “Coping with Chronic Disease” track).
8. Coping with Pain and Psychosomatic Issues
Health and illness related issues associated with pain or psychosomatic issues (except interventions, see “Interventions in Chronic Disease” track).
Health Psychology Across the Lifespan/Family
9. Health, Families, and Children
Issues in health and illness associated with development of children and adolescents and with family relations
10. Well-being and Quality of Life Across the Lifespan
Health, illness and positive aspects such as positive emotions, life satisfaction, and functioning
11. Health Psychology and Ageing
Issues in health and illness with a focus on older age and/or ageing (e.g., disability), including research on healthy ageing
12. Social Support, Caregiving, and Health
The influence of social support and caregiving on health outcomes (of recipients and/or providers).
Health Psychology and Health Systems
13. Public Health and Health Promotion
Public health interventions delivered to a group or population, including environmental interventions and interventions at the worksite (for work and health, see “Occupational Health” track)
14. Implementation & Health Services Research
Theory, methods, and evidence to promote the uptake of research findings into routine clinical work with patients and family members, and in organisational or policy contexts. Quality of health care, medical performance and medical mistakes in clinical practice.
15. eHealth and mHealth
The use of information technology, social media, or mobile and wireless devices in health psychology research and interventions
16. Occupational Health
Research on the influence of work and organisational factors and environments on health and disease
Health Psychology in Context
17. Health Care Communication, including Risk Perception
Communication with health professionals (e.g., doctor-patient), including perception and communication of health risk (e.g., genetic risk and procession of health-risk information).
18. Culture, Social change and health
Cultural or socioeconomic aspects of health and illness, and health effects of social change; critical health psychology.
19. Health inequalities, climate change and sustainability
Psychosocial and health impact of climate change including exacerbating inequalities; behavior change for preserving the environment, mitigating negative consequences of climate change and ensuring sustainable development.
Methodological issues in health psychology – techniques, analyses, and critiques, including research on recruitment, informed consent and retention.
- GOAL 1: No Poverty
- GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
- GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
- GOAL 4: Quality Education
- GOAL 5: Gender Equality
- GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality
- GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- GOAL 13: Climate Action
- GOAL 14: Life Below Water
- GOAL 15: Life on Land
- GOAL 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal